Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Birthday "Oh, By The Way" 2017!

Congratulations "Oh, By The Way," you are eight years old today!


Eight years ago, I had a dream in which I started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” When I woke up that morning, I went to the computer and promptly started a blog called “Oh, By The Way.” Seriously--it was the first thing I did that morning, and yes, I often act out in waking life things I have dreamt.

"Oh, By The Way" is my digital scrap book of things I like, things I would share with a close friend and say: “Oh, by the way, do you know of this artist/ clothing or interior designer/ model/ singer/ actor/ gorgeous man… or, have you seen this video/ photo/ film... or heard (or do you remember) this song/ band... or, read this book/ poem/ inspiring quote... or, visited this place/ restaurant/ famous building... or, have you heard of this amazing new scientific discovery?”

And what have people responded to the most over the last eight years? Here are the Top Ten posts ranked by individual pageviews:

1) Style master Nick Wooster is still the reigning champion of posts at 60,770 hits.

2) And my essay about the astounding musical suite "The Ninth Wave" by my darling Kate Bush (who taught me how to fly) holds second place at 24,239 views!

3) Just this year, a post about Men In Make-Up soared from low digits to rank third with 17,156 individual page hits.

4) A post showing the many looks of actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson shows up at a respectable 15,105 views.

5) And hot on Aaron's heels is another actor, Jared Leto. I showed him shirtless in a double wrap belt, images that were liked by 10,243 people.

6) Gorgeous silver-haired model Andy Lucchesi captured 9,200 hearts.

7) And 7,032 people still love a post from 2010 about Retro Holiday Wreaths made from antique glass ornaments.

8) Oddly, a post identifying the differences between the cookies Lorna Doone, Ladyfinger, and the tiny cake-like Madeleine is hanging in at 6,956 hits.

9) Still on the Top Ten list at 6,725 views is a video of the alternately funny and chilling Vatican Fashion Show section from Fellini's astounding surreal-celebration-disguised-as-a-travelogue-film, "Roma."

10) And garnering 5,967 hits for last place is an illustrated post about three traditional German Christmas decorations: Schwibbogen, Christmas Pyramid, and Angel Chimes.

Huh. Who knew?

Followers and regular readers: thank you so much! I hope you find this blog fascinating, beautiful, interesting, moving, inspiring, informative, and uplifting. Welcome to the birthday party. Help yourself to a slice of virtual cake and a glass of milk. Or an Iced Chai Latte!

No comments: